This review won't be having any particular format since I am not a professional writer. I will be noting down the things which i notice and will periodically update this review.
Model & Variant - Maruti Suzuki S-Presso VXi Plus Petrol Manual Transmission SPR4AV200. This is the full option variant.
Color - Solid Sizzle Orange.
Accessories Added - LED DRLs (Day Time Running Lights), Rear Spoiler Garnish.
On-Road Price Details
Ex-Showroom Price in Ernakulam, Kerala - Rs. 4,51,473
Extended Warranty for 5 years - Rs. 6,985
Road Tax - Rs. 31,603
Temporary Registration Charges - Rs. 970
RTO registration Agent Fee - Rs. 800
Fast Tag - Rs. 500
Insurance - One year Comprehensive and 3 year Third Party from HDFC Ergo. Includes Rs. 325 for 15 lakh personal accident cover for owner driver - Rs. 15,928
Total Onroad Price in Kerala - Rs. 5,08,259
Breakup of Ex-showroom Price
Price - Rs. 3,47,287
Discount - Rs. 0
SGST @ 14% - Rs. 48,620.18
CGST @ 14% - Rs. 48,620.18
IGST @ 0% - Rs. 0
CESS @ 1% - Rs. 3,472.87
Flood CESS ( only for Kerala ) @ 1% - Rs. 3,472.87
Total Ex-Showroom Cost - Rs. 4,51,473
Accessories Cost & Additional Expenses
DRLs & Spoiler Garnish - Rs. 0 ( Got fitted with the car. Long story, not explaining )
Floor Mat - Rs. 500
Mud Flap - Yet to buy one.
Mobile Charger, Steering Cover - Yet to buy
Reverse Camera - Yet to buy
First Impression after driving for 950 kms. Updated on 30-10-2019
Total KMs Driven - 950
Average Mileage shown in the car display - 21km per litre. Out of the 950 kms, 500 was a long drive from Kochi to Bangalore. City mileage must be lower than 21.
Services Done - None. First service to be done after it completes 1000 kms
What is good about S-Presso
- A compact car with easy manoeuvrability and good turning radius. You can park it anywhere you want.
- Good ground clearance.
- Good driver seating position. BUT. I am 184cm [6 foot and 1.12cms] and I wish the car had one more inch of head room.
- Good leg room in rear.
- Decent performance in the highways.
- Good mileage.
- And I like the looks of S-Presso :)
What is bad about S-Presso
- Suspension. Looks like Maruti forgot to add suspension to the car. You can feel each and every pothole on the road. Road humps are more pronounced. You can hear sounds from the rear side for every pothole or bump. THIS IS A MAJOR DEFECT OF SPRESSO. Driving solo in a bad road is a torture.
- Gear is not very smooth. Maybe this will get sorted out after some more running.
- Engine noise, cabin noise and vibration. Our 2008 model 4-cylinder WagonR is still much smoother than SPresso.
- Bluetooth microphone is not good.
- No reverse camera.
- No day-night mirror
- Driver seat is not height adjustable.
- Rear parking sensor is just average. Coverage is not that great.
Buy S-Presso or not?
I think the price is a little too high for such a small car. Once Maruti starts giving discounts, S-Presso will be a value for money car. Right now, I feel SPresso is a little overpriced car. If you can stretch a little bit more, you can get a much better car.
SPresso vs WagonR
Read the size comparison between Suzuki S-Presso and old WagonR.